yyhh




yyyyy
11

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Nauti-cal by Nature.

Though it is only February I cannot tell you how excited I am for Spring and Summer 2010. I cannot wait to shed the winter layers and darker colors- trade them all in for lighter wares and flirty silhouettes.

I am always drawn to vintage inspired designs, but especially so when it comes to springtime frocks and tops. You can imagine then how exciting it was to view the new Dear Creatures lookbook. I am in love. I think I need every piece in the collection. Really. It is filled with nautical goodness and simple dresses that are so versatile and very French, which is fitting as the concept for the collection is inspired by the Umbrellas of Cherbourg.

"For Spring 2010, Dear Creatures draws inspiration from the vivid and colorful world of Jack Demy’s The Umbrellas of Cherbourg. Visually delightful and unique, the 1964 film musical creates high French drama with popping hues and rich textural design, and Dear Creatures manifests this in chic sartorial form. Spring 2010 evokes the fresh energy of 1960s Paris. Iconic French New Wave films cease to be imaginary with the line’s charming looks, which in a past life could have found their way into the closets of Catherine Deneuve, Anna Karina, and Brigitte Bardot. Dear Creatures creates a mood of Parisian days and nights, while delivering visual
optimism at its finest."


I think Dear Creatures has made my dressing dreams come true. You know how with the wonder of movie magic women look fresh and ready for the day as soon as they roll out of bed? Well, now you too can wake up, slip into a little Dear Creatures dress, and head out the door looking as fabulous as- well, as fabulous as...


I am looking forward to the milder days ahead and to new spring dresses! I am sure you are too!

From my closet: 2/7/10
T by Alexander Wang top
Cardigan Topshop
Rapscallion Samantha Pleet for UO jeans
Biviel heels
Vintage scarf and sunglasses



No comments:

Post a Comment