yyhh




yyyyy
11

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday- one day left to go

When I read about the 'Spring Capsule Wardrobe Challenge', I was excited. I mean it coincides perfectly with my home/wardrobe/schedule organizing rampage. I am really trying to simplify things, I want to wake up in the morning and not be in a frazzled state about what I need to do and how to do it. I need to simplify my wardrobe - only have pieces that work well together and not buy more things I don't need. I need to keep said clothes and home wares(books, papers, etc.) organized so that I always know where to find them. And, I need to start making lists. What I find funny is that my home life is such a stark contrast to my work life. Can't I be super organized and excel at both? We'll see. I would love to have a home that looks like it came out of a Scandinavian design magazine, with a simple yet well equipped kitchen, and a closet full of functional clothes with labels like Acne and Permanent Vacation - but, I fall too easily for frilly things that this may be near impossible.

I spent a summer in Sweden before college- and I was amazed at how people seemed to exude style and calm- it all looked so effortless.

But, anyway- I jumped on the wardrobe challenge because I wanted to see what outfits I could create with just a few items. So far so good. Yesterday's outfit I realize now, looks a bit frumpy in the photos but, I did not feel that way while wearing it. I felt quite grown-up. I always do when I wear trouser jeans, as opposed to skinny jeans. I don't know why! I am also making good use of the garment steamer I bought a few months back! It's great I love it- and really it is a lot better for the longevity of your clothes- not to mention you avoid wasting a lot of water and energy from running washers and dryers.

Here is what I wore today:








1 comment:

  1. I wish I could always be perfectly organized and look effortlessly chic everyday...

    For the most part, this style challenge has made getting dressed in the morning a much faster affair. Normally I'll spend 10 minutes just blankly staring at my closet, thinking I'm just not in the mood for any of it.

    I do love the polka dot vest - tis adorable!

    ReplyDelete