yyhh




yyyyy
11

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Office Impressionism


When the weather gets nice - I pretty much dislike being in an office for hours at a time. I'd much rather be outside, at the park, waking around the city, or sitting at a cafe patio.

It is a really great time of the year to head out to Golden Gate Park. You can walk the trails or check out the museums.

I found out that the De Young is having an Impressionism exhibit. The paintings are from the collection of the Musee D'orsay in Paris- my favorite museum. I am an art nerd - and annoy people with any of the 'art history' I usually end up spouting off at these things. I once had a couple follow me and my sister around at the Getty, because they thought I was a private tour guide! Ha! Anyway- I'm so excited about this. Though it's not until May. Then in September they are exhibiting Post-Impressionist works!

If we get to the park this weekend, I'll take some snapshots- because it is beautiful this time of year.



3 comments:

  1. Guh, I know what you mean... it's finally getting nice here and I am stuck in an office without any windows! I usually go for a 30 min walk outside on my lunch break, but still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in a windowless office for nine hours is brutal when it's so lovely out. My 10 min break this afternoon was glorious, even though it consisted of standing on the patch of grass between the parking lot and road, just taking in the sun.

    The park look so beautiful - I wish I could go there! And I think it's so cute you were mistaken for a tour guide.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no no windows!
    Both of you do what I have been doing trying to get as much fresh air as possible during breaks!

    ReplyDelete