I really am honored by all of you wonderful ladies. After a pretty trying Monday morning - today's start has been amazing. I made it into the office on time,(before anyone else actually) I have a hot mug of coffee (and I did not spill any of it on myself) and then the topper - I received this:
The Sugar Doll Blogger award from the lovely What I Wore. Thank you so much! I loved reading the '10 things' about you. And, as part of the acceptance of the award I am to share ten things about myself as well.
This is a bit difficult, and I'm sure maybe a lot of you know most of this just from this blog. Here goes.
1. I live in Oakland CA. And, I love it! I grew up in Boston and this is really just another world for me. And, I will challenge anyone who tries to put Oakland down. I mean every city has it's problems.
2. I follow a vegan diet. ( 90% of the time -more on that below) I have been vegetarian since I was 8. And, as if that didn't scare my parents and make them wonder if I'm eating anything. I also have a gluten allergy.
3. I bake - I cook. I make gluten free and vegan baked goods- I love it when I bring things to a party and people love what I've made unaware that they just ate something gluten-free and vegan.
4. I am a tea hoarder - at any given time I'll have around 10 boxes of tea in my cupboard. I tend to think that there will be a perfect flavor of tea for any mood/situation that may arise.
5. I travel. I spent a summer teaching English in Japan, I spent a summer in Sweden - among other places in the world. And, because I stayed with families that spoke little English- and since my room and board was free. I ate whatever they chose to serve me. As a guest in another country - in some one's home, (especially in countries where food is scarce) I forgo eating vegan.
6. For, some reason I'm oddly drawn to watching Forensic Files. I think that I think, I may be able to use those tips to solve a murder somehow. I should have been a detective - hand me my cap and magnifying glass please.
7. This is not a shocker, I love clothes. And, have more than my little closet can handle.
8. hmm.....I wish I could be a million different things, a librarian, an artist, a singer, an archaeologist. I still haven't really decided what I want to be when I grow up. I really truly admire people that have, and that are pursing their dreams.
9. I would like to visit Vancouver, because I've heard it's one of the most beautiful cities. I really like Canada.
10. Oh! My favorite place in Canada is Prince Edward Island, and I was the luckiest 10 year old girl ever, when my Parents took me to Prince Edward Island to see the Anne of Green Gables house. What little girl doesn't love Anne?
And that's it. Now to pass on the Award:
Chic on the Cheap
Oranges and Apples
Moi peux-tu venir
las ninas y los ninos
At Home In Albuquerque
Fashion News #116
1 hour ago