yyhh




yyyyy
11

Friday, May 20, 2011

Tata's Steps

I've never really had problem skin, and I'm not meaning to brag, I've never been troubled by acne, or dry skin, or oily skin. I never really had a skin care routine. I washed with whatever face wash or soap I happened to buy at Target, and I used sunscreen going out in the sun, but I never established a routine - and I rarely, if ever moisturized - and my skin looked good. But recently, as in the past year or so, as I transitioned from mid to late twenties - my skin changed. I looked tired. My skin looked dull, and well - plain old icky. (Larger pores, I had puffiness around the eyes, and my skin looked ashen and lacked -life) In short , my skin did not look healthy. But, I had no idea what to do to change that. I already eat a healthy diet. I do try to get as much sleep as I can (even if my work at times doesn't allow for it) and I try to drink a lot of water. I started to see an aesthetician and my skin improved, but I found that the improvements did not last for long in-between visits. I did use some Aveda products, but found that the moisturizers and oils were too heavy for my skin. I shopped for products at Sephora, but found that the choices were so overwhelming that I didn't know what products to try and to trust.

I kept hearing about Tata Harper's line of skin care, it's all organic and natural. I read some reviews about the line, and then read a bit about Tata herself. I liked that many of the ingredients for the products are grown on her farm in Vermont. I have to admit that got to me - as I remember spending summers as a kid at a family friend's farm in Vermont, picking wild berries and eating home grown veggies. I guess that call back to my youth, along with Tata's skin care philosophy, helped sell me on the product.

So, I purchased a starter kit via a Refinery 29 deal - and within a few days I noticed a big difference in my skin. Again, like with my eyelashes, the hubby noticed enough to comment on it.

I was a bit put off by all the steps involved with using the product. I'm a wash and go kinda gal, and this involved using a cleanser - applying a serum - then a moisturizer - an eye cream - and oil to the skin. Twice a day. But, it really only takes a few minutes and the results are worth it!

Honestly- my pores are smaller, my skin "glowing" (this is what the hubby told me yesterday), my under eye bags and circles are diminished, and my skin looks and feels soft and healthy.



The downside is that the products are pricey, but I've spent a lot on products that don't work - so I don't mind spending on one that has really made a difference. And, I like supporting women owned, eco-conscious businesses.

I'm sharing this because, if you are looking for eco-friendly - natural skin care products to use - this is a great option. I did not receive products or payment - for writing this. I've seriously been blown away by how much my skin has improved.

I'm curious to know, if you've made the the switch to natural beauty products - and what you use as part of your skin care routine.

1 comment:

  1. this recommendation comes at a good time, when i'm figuring out what to try next--thanks! i agree that it makes so much sense to just buy the expensive product *that works* over accruing a bunch of unused bottles of junk in your medicine cabinet.

    ReplyDelete