yyhh




yyyyy
11

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thrifts & Things

Things:
We finally have a weekend all to ourselves, no obligations, no guests, no plans. Since coming back from vacation it's been pretty much non-stop madness. I'm glad to just be able to relax and zone out, and take it easy this weekend. Last night we stayed in made a pizza, and watched an interesting/odd? little movie, Withnail and I. The writer/director of the movie was in two of my favorites the Zeffirelli Romeo and Juliet, and Truffaut's The Story of Adele H. Let's just say I enjoyed the two latter movies much more than Withnail and I. Though it is a cult favorite in England (at least that's what the reviews said), I found it to be really depressing. It reminded me a lot of another late 80's early 90's movie from England, London Kills Me. (Forall you Lost fans, Naveen Andrews has a small part in London Kills Me)

(photo from Withnail and I)

Anyway, I hope we watch a comedy tonight!

Thrifts:
Last weekend while my sister in-law was here we went out to the thrifts. I traded some clothes and got some new things. It was fun to go shopping with someone else for a change, as I usually fly solo at the shops.

I wore some of what I got last weekend to work yesterday.

P1050464

P1050466

From my closet: Sunnies- cheap monday, Top- thrifted, Belt- thrifted, Skirt- Anthro, Sweater- thrifted, Shoes- target.

What are your plans for the weekend?


2 comments:

  1. I've gone down the "odd indie cult foreign film" path so many times and am usually left wondering.

    It's also really nice to have someone to go shopping with. For me, it's usually best that I enter a thrift store with someone really grounded, to talk sense into me when I start picking up pastel "grandma pants" and go on about how with the right belt and top they could really work.

    Hope you enjoy your low key weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds!
    I usually shop on my own too, it's nice to have company though
    xo

    ReplyDelete