yyhh




yyyyy
11

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Retro-trip So. Cal design mini-vacation

We had weeks and weeks of rain here in CA, and while the past couple of days have been sunny - just last week I truly felt like the rain would never end. It had been grey and cold and wet for over a month and I sort of went into panic mode. I needed sun and warmth, and to escape the day in day out- so I booked a trip to Palm Springs.

In just a couple of weeks we are desert bound. We fly into Los Angeles and we'll then drive our way out to the desert. This is a much needed break.

It will also help to cheer us up after learning that Mad Men will not be back until 2012. We'll live our own Mad Men experience - we're staying at the swanky Orbit In' - the rooms have wet bars and hi-fi's with vintage LP's. They also lend vintage cruisers to their guests to pedal around the city. Vintage stores here I come.

We also hope to tour some of the modern homes there... ( yes ,there are tours for that.)

phpThumb

wexler

PalmSprings_modern

3369221979_5455607ebc

On our way back, we are also going to stop in at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles.

thumb_chateau_marmont_01

chateau-marmont-restauarnt

It will be a quick trip, with lots to see - and hopefully lots of pool time.

6 comments:

  1. I can understand the insanity brought on by consecutive rainy days. I think the most I've ever endured was 10 days - after a month I'd probably be running towards the fastest plane out of the gloom as well.

    It sounds like it will be a fun trip, I hope it is as sunny and hot there as you can possibly stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks awesome! Wonder if I'll be able to fit Palm Springs into my trip next month. Hmmm...

    The place has a very Mad Men vibe. I just watched the episode where Don hangs out with the nomads in California (were they in Palm Spring too?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea. It's important to get away from crappy weather i concur. And the place you are going looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! I definitely know the feeling of being fed up with the weather. We're supposed to get another foot of snow tomorrow. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful photos! very envious ; )
    xx
    alexandra

    ReplyDelete